Saturday, September 20, 2008

Follow up Visit

I had my first follow up on Thursday and my locs received a clean bill of health. My consultant said they were coming along quite well. There are certain locs that already feel like they are matting together -probably just wishful thinking... But anyway, I'm glad that she considers that my locs are on track. I told her of how challenging it is to wait 10 days between hair washing, but she insists that this is best and I trust her, so I'll hold out.

I am starting to notice that some of my locks are trying to ease their way out of the pattern. 2 or 3 locks have small bunches of hair that are just sticking out and are no longer uniform. Now I am wondering why my consultant did not correct those...? Does anyone know?

All in all, I am more than satisfied with how they look. I didn't have to deal with lots of parts showing thanks to super dense hair. Some of my ends are still kind of ragged because the straightening comb overprocessed my ends. I cut a lot of those off and my consultant did as well, but there are still some that were left. The things that make me happy with my SLs far outweigh any thing that I am unhappy with. Now, it's just the anxiety; I can hardly wait for my hair to be totally locked! I can't wait to see the growth, the changes, and all that comes with having SLs. I can't wait to further experience hair FREEDOM!

3 Positive Expression(s):

Allecia said...

Congratulations! Your hair looks great and it helps to be able to begin your journey with support and a welcoming work environment.

CarmenNC said...

Hello there! Good luck to you on your Sisterlocks. If the 2-3 bunching locks become a problem, I'm sure your consultant will fix them at that time. I'm tagging you so please stop by my blog to find out the rules.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Welcome to the SL family. Your locks look great. Enjoy the journey, it's an interesting one.

Hairstyles before SisterLocks